Whitehaven Coal has released the Quarterly Report for the three months to 31 March, 2018.
- Strong safety performance – Group TRIFR at the end of March was 5.51, the lowest recorded by the company
- ROM coal production of 5.9Mt, up 4% on the previous corresponding period (pcp)
- Saleable coal production of 5.2Mt, up 3% on pcp
- Coal sales, including purchased coal of 5.4Mt, up 10% on pcp
- Maules Creek established new quarterly records for ROM and saleable coal production of 2.9Mt and 2.7Mt respectively
- Maules Creek ROM production, saleable coal production and railed coal were all over 1Mt in March
- Gunnedah open cuts delivered record ROM and saleable coal production underpinning first quartile cost performance for FY2018 YTD
- Agreed to acquire Rio Tinto’s 75% share of the Winchester South metallurgical coal project in Queensland’s Bowen Basin for a total of US$200 million
- Paid an interim dividend of $129 million (13cps) to shareholders in March
The full report can be viewed here: March Quarterly Report
The audio of the Investors Call regarding the report can be found below.